Thursday, May 27, 2010

South African Hip Hop



For those that know me, I don't often waste my time listening to music that does not move me. Yes I'm South African but if you sound bad - I WILL NOT LISTEN! So it brings me to this here point I'm making. I really do not give a lot of SA hip hop attention cause cats are releasing trash and that's that. Don't challenge me on that point cause I listening to it before I critique it.
Anyway I was watching the telly today and saw Mr Selwyn's video for 'Get 'em up'... Dig how the video was shot BUT what's with the wack chorus? There are things that artist should never put out there or is it my strong belief in Karma... 'You're back?' Why the fuck you tell cats that 'You Are Back.' These are the reasons why Whitney flopped. Take cues from history please.



On the other hand cause it's not all doom and gloom. I watched another video from Deep Level which is a great song and the Greenhuas crew came through with shooting the video.
Cats made sure that they spit heat from first verse to the last and fucking flows up nicely. If anything, South African hip hop artists should use videos and songs such as Deep Level's as a benchmark...
Sooo... Go ahead and DO WORK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment